Sunday, February 15, 2009

Saturday romantic run and 10th Thoroughbred ride.

We celebrated Valentine's this year by running at KLCC park. To make it even sweeter, Noah was with us.

We went out from our house at 7:15 to meet up with Ezan at the park. We were a bit anxious as this would be the first time we are bringing Noah out while he is still sleeping. He was sound a sleep while we get in the car and put him in the strolller as we reached KLCC.

Initially, I was running and pushing the stroller at a leisurely pace of 7-8 min/km. Noah still sleeps. So I ramp up my pace to max 5min/km, and Noah just slept like a 'baby', well he is still a baby. He must be enjoying the motion. And I'm glad that the stroller can hold up to my run. I only need to slow down at the un-rubberized part of the jogging track as it can cause the stroller's front wheels to shake uncontrollably. So after this, we can always bring Noah for our family run.

Was also proud of my wife, completed 5 rounds( abt 7K) without stopping. Her target by mid March is to complete 10K without stopping, which I truly believe she could, and I think she can complete it less than 1.5 hrs.

Had a sort of welcoming dinner to OP Farouk and Af. They had just moved in to UK Perdana, which is about 5 mins away from my house. So Farouk is now officially part of Ulu Kelang cycling fraternity. I'd surely enjoy my ride up to his house. Damn long hill.

On Sunday, did a ride at Guthrie. Co-incidently, all the riders were from my batch (Chipang, Itik n Farouk). First time(distance wise- abt 40K) for both Farouk and Itik and they did it with ease, except for few complaints on sore ass. Farouk was using Chipang's MTB and Itik was using fully carboned Giant Time Trial road bike given by his National Coach brother in-law. Ringan gila beb...

I truly enjoyed the ride, especially when we stopped for our breakfast at Elmina R&R. I think the time we took to eat was almost half the time we ride. We were joined in by Mantat, the Powerbar Man. Well, he definitely did not rode with us. He drove from his house to join us just for the breakfast, but by the portion of rice that he took, looks to be more of a lunch rather than breakfast.

Hopefully we can do this ride with my batch mate more often in the future.

No comments: