Thursday, October 23, 2008

I can feel my lungs expanding

It is such a wonderful feeling. FYI, I have not smoked for almost 2 weeks now. For the record, I never intended to stop anyway. I was forced to actually.

Main reason - I felt like dying. Seriously, I can feel the oxygen not going up to my brain, almost to a point of hallucination.

What happened? In my quest of getting fit, fit enough to join triathlon competition, 2 weeks ago, I ran with Stupe(The freaking 'Ironman') for 15 KM. It may not sound so difficult, however, nobody says running with Stupe is a walk in the park. We were doing 5'30"/km for the first 4-5 K, and short sprinted up few hills on our way back. Those sprints really took its toll on me.

Man, I'm telling you, my lungs felt like burning, exploding and all the other horrifying feeling that u can imagine while doing the sprints. Stupe didn't say much when he saw me panting like hell. He just said, 'u need to stop smoking bro'.

From that moment on, I did not lit up a single cigarette. And not surprisingly, I'm feeling much much fitter and stronger now. In my daily workouts (running, swimming. gym), I pushed my self much harder than before to make my heart rate faster. And I do not(so far) felt the same pain sensations as what I had 2 weeks ago. In fact, sometime, I can literally feel that I'm taking in more oxygen than before. I cant explain it, but I really do felt it.

I just hope I can be strong enough to stop smoking for good....

2 comments:

opcharlie said...

mesti boleh bro. think abt the yellow teeth, stinky breath and blackened lips. nanti dah kurang kejambuan.

TriStupe said...

cayala.
:) save on those ciggie and use it for other stuffs.
:)

well done bro! Now you can help to spread the smokeless-way to the other guys and i know you will be an inspiration to them all!

:)

I'm smoke free for almost 6 years!