Sunday, October 5, 2008

12.65K in the bag


Before anything, let me first wish all of u Selamat Hari Raya. I hope u had a joyous Raya this year wherever u may be.

The 12.65K is not money, I wish it is. It was actually the distance that I covered by running. As I said in my previous posting, there are some targets that I have set for my self. It seems now I have achieved 2 of the targets. Alhamdullillah.

The idea of running that distance was mooted by Stupe. Well he initially said it was 10K, but he conned me. I dont mind anyway, bohong sunat. In fact, I did not take much deliberations to agree on taking this challege, as I felt pretty confident after doing the hard hours in the gym during lunch time in Ramadhan. It paid off.

So yesterday, I woke up at 5.30am all fired up to start the run. However, the preparation for the run was hampered with the stomach problems I was having. I had too much to eat on Saturday during an open house. To make matters worst, I had a plate of 'Onion loaf' plus my main course at Tony Roma's for dinner. So, I'm sure u guys know what was coming. I had to take a crap twice before we started running. So there goes all the carbs that I have been packing since Saturday. And not to forget, the after effect of doing the nature's call.

But I'd given my words to Stupe, and I'm not one to back out from it. So we started running at abt 6.30 from Bukit Aman to Income Tax offc in Jln Duta. For the first 6-7 KM it was OK. But then, we started the hilly route turning back from Jln Duta. I just wished I had lungs as big as hot air balloon. It was really difficult doing the sprints up those hills. But hats off to Stupe, he inspired me to keep on going no matter how slow I can go. But I did stop for a brief 10 seconds, so that is something I need to improve for my next run.

After those difficult hills, it took me abt 1 KM to recover. I was running very slow(sorry Stupe). But as I recovered from it, I managed to maintain 6"07' min/km for the last 3-4 KM.

All in all, it was a very satisfactory run. I have to thank Stupe for inspiring and keeping 'slow' with me thru out the whole run. I can't wait to do this again next week.

* Some stats : 12.65 km in 1:20'23'' with an average pace of 6'21'' and 1022 calories burned.

2 comments:

TriStupe said...

Well done! Running is addictive, so is the pain after.
:)

Selamat Datang to the Runners' World.

http://opstupe.blogspot.com/2008/10/cookie-saturday-and-double-hill-sunday.html

jabbeer said...

L&G, introducing Stupe, one of the craziest bugger with few loose screws in his head.