Thursday, October 30, 2008

I envy lawyers

Lawyers are cool. With so much bad perceptions on them, I just want to go against the tide for once. I might be biased bcos my sister, my uncle and few of my close friends are lawyers. And the thought that when I was small, being a lawyer was indeed in my list of what I want to be when I grow up.

But guys, let us give credit to where its due, bcos we know there are many honest, hardworking and smart lawyers out there.

Actually, I was particularly impressed with lawyers in my company. This morning, I was asked to attend Anti-trust policy training conducted by the law dept. I was so amazed to see how easy for them to explain a concept or answer questions in a very eloquent, clear and concise manner. U could just throw the whole kitchen sink, they would still be able to handle it in such a cool and confident way.

Having said that, that doesn't mean I like all lawyers. They were also few occasions when I felt like choking them to death thru my experiences in the whole house buying/ LAD claiming process. But when I think again, I was so mad with them bcos they were good. They practically can argue any points or facts thrown at them, and I salute that. But luckyly I have the Housing Tribunal to help the housebuyers.

Well to all the lawyers out there (the good ones of course), hats off to u guys.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i mmg susah nak get along with lawyers. i find them very irritating, coz they always know what to answer. senang cerita kerja nak menjawab je la.

but mostly becoz they always think that they're right. eventhough sebenarnya tak betul. sometimes their argument pun, can be entah apa2. but becoz they are full of confidence & pandai menjawap, they'll just leave us speechless, lost for words.

nasib baik i tak kahwin ngan lawyer.

jabbeer said...

Fudge, Senang hidup u kalau kawin dgn lawyer...takpalah fudge, dpt kawin dgn loyar buruk pun kira ok jugak la...