Thursday, July 24, 2008

Attention Craver

"btw, with regards to your theory on "up" ppl. i dont think it applies to inferior complex ppl je. some ppl brag coz they love the attention. agak waktu kecik, tak cukup kasih sayang kot. huhuhu.."


The comment above was made by one of this blogsite reader. Very valid, infact it makes up quite a number of the UP ppl. Let me do my best to give my take on this.


Sometimes, it happen becos of lack of recognitions. So what do they do ? they recognised themselves to any living souls that they can prey on. How do the do it ? UP and brag. By doing this, they wd satisfy their hunger and crave for attention. The poor souls that had to listen to all these brags and UPs wd need to endure it unwillingly, bcos, our society, our culture, our tradition doesnt teach us to menyampuk or cakap benda2 tak baik or pangkah cakap org, especially to older ppl.


And u know what, these ppl became big headed bcos nobody wd object or dispute whatever they said. However, my dear readers..... there's a proven remedy for this. Ask questions. Try to get them to explain as much as they can. More often than not, they cant. I had tested this in many situations, and it turned out the UP ppl was just bluffing to impress and get attention from others.


If u read my previous post "Top 10 'UP' statements on Golf Course Part1", No.2 specifically explaines on what I wanted to express.
"2. Hari tu aku main sikit lagi nak dapat birdie, eh par, eh bogey, oh tak, dbl bogey sebenarnya."

This was the actual conversation;
UP: Gilalah, hari tu aku main sikit lagi nak dpt birdie.
Poor soul (PS) : Ye ke? Kat mane?
UP: Dekat xxx, 7th hole.
PS: Gile power kau ni, par 4 tu susah tu, index hole. Aku nak dpt par pun menangis.
UP: Ha, tu la, aku mula2 3 on.
PS: Biar betul, kalau kau 3 on mcm mana ko dpt birdie?
UP: Ooh, silap2, bukan par 5 ke situ?
PS: Mane ada, par 4 lah. Abih tu ko dah 3 on brp kali putt?
UP: 2 putt.
PS: Kalau 2 putt, ko dpt bogeylah.
UP: a a yek, bogeyla aku sebenarnya.
PS: Ke ada org bagi ko 'given'?
UP: A..a..
PS: kalau mcm tu ko 3 putt la, dbl bogey tu.

You see, initially this UP guy wanted to get my attention by telling me how good he is. Well, he needed to bluff bcos I definitely I would be interested to hear something spectacular. His mistake was, he never thought I would ask all this kind of questions and scrutinised on his facts. And true enough, it was all made up just to impress me. You could see how hard UP ppl try to UP their stories just to satisfy their crave for attention. So, like I said, u just need to ask questions upon questions, that'll do the trick.

*I think I'm a little bit off topic from explaining the need to recognise themselves by bragging which I tried to explain in the earlier part. Who cares, I felt good telling the actual conversation.

No comments: