Saturday, July 26, 2008

UP in the office

The thing I like the most abt writing to this blog is that I wd feel some sense of elation after posting whatever I wanted to say. It has become like an outlet for joy, anger, dissatisfaction and all sorts of other emotions. Its therapeutic.

Furthermore, I can impart some mysteries and suspense, as most of the writings didnt explicitly points to any individuals.

I always have difficulties to express wholeheartedly what I'm feeling during conflicts, mostly becos I didnt want to hurt the other person's feeling. As I can be very brutally truthful with my remarks. Its hard for them to take it to their chin, the truth is always painful. It wd be more painful if its about u and your shortcomings.

Again, I'm putting part of the blame to our culture and the way we have been brought up. We dont have the ability to be tactful and mindful in conflict situation.

This is one thing that I feel that we are lacking when compared to the westerners(ppl in developed nation), especially the Americans. Well for them, I think they can manipulate the language better ( its their mother tounge)

I will try to give an example the difference between us and Americans when they want to UP and gain more exposure.

Real example;
One of my colleague (mestilah Mat UP) said during a meeting. " I purposely stayed back at the office to complete the job becos it is very hard and I was so busy during the day. Furthermore not many users at night, easylah"

He's tring to say that he is very hardworking and sacrifised his personal time to complete the job la konon. Padahal, it shows his lack of planning and time management.

Kalau Mat American they wd say it like this. "Due to the complexity and criticallity of the problem, we had to modify our plan. We believe it wd be best to be implemented during the night as the network is not so congested and they are not so many users online. We dont want them to feel the impact of this problem"

U see, Mat American ni pun nak UP jugak, tapi he'd done it in a subtle way an putting the user as the reason to it.

The point I'm trying to make here, kalau nak UP, UP lah, tapi bagi la ada style sikit.

3 comments:

Nonchalantly anxious said...

What the hell is "UP' anywau\y?

Care to enlighten me??

jabbeer said...

simply said...CAKAP BESAR.

Bila bercakap, dia je yg power, hebat gempak dan sebagainya.

Nonchalantly anxious said...

Oh begitukah?
Barulah saya tahu.


Terima kaseh atas penjelasan yang ringkas tapi padat itu.